At the July 25 club meeting, Cheryl Jensen was presented as an Honorary Member by the Rotary Club of Santa Barbara Sunrise. Elected by the Board of Directors, Honorary Membership is awarded to someone who has distinguished himself or herself by service to Rotary or Rotary ideals and who resides within the territorial limits of the club. Sherrie Fisher nominated Cheryl for this special membership and says, “Cheryl Jensen has supported SB Sunrise Rotary quietly and completely for all of the many years that Gary [Jensen] has been a member.”
A few of the many ways in which Cheryl has participated in Rotary activities include:
- Camp Whittier: Cheryl designed and procured donated planting material for the entry, for the meeting building and the pool slope. Plus she helped install the planting and irrigation.
- Sunrise Centennial Picnic Area at Eilings Park: Cheryl designed and procured donated planting materials for the park. Plus she helped install the plants and irrigation and has helped maintain the area every year.
- International Conventions: Cheryl attended two International Conventions: Taipei, China and Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Helped to host International visitors: Ciudad de Los Ninos, Poverty Conference speaker, Exchange students from US bus tour, Group Study Exchange members.
- Mentor: Acted as a mentor for Emancipated Foster Youth Project
- Other: Fully supported her husband during his year as president.
Congratulations (and thank you), Cheryl!
Photo: David Velarde, President; Cheryl Jensen, Honorary Member; and Sherrie Fisher, Member (in foreground).