We meet Tuesdays at 12:15 PM
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
60 Lake StreetCooperstown, NY 13326United States
It's that time of year again
Your Cooperstown Rotary annual dues are now payable. Dues are $125 payable by Monday, July 1. After that penalties will begin. Don't get caught, pay early!
Re: Proposed Amendment to By-Laws
Pursuant to Article XIV of the Rotary Club of Cooperstown By-Laws, the following amendment is proposed:
Change Article VI, Section 2 to read: (new language in bold.)
Section 2 -The membership dues shall be $125 per annum, payable by July 1st of each fiscal year. From July 1st to August 31st, dues shall be $140. From September 1st to October 31st, dues shall be $165, with the member being suspended until payment is received. After October 31st, membership shall be formally revoked if dues remain unpaid.
Approved by unanimous voice vote at the regular club meeting of April 9, 2013.
• Attend weekly Club meetings
• Participate in Club activities and projects
• Pay annual dues
• Attain an attendance record of at least 50 percent (Rotary International rule). Missed meetings may be made up 14 days before or after the regular meeting(Rotary International rule). You can check your attendance at anytime on our Club website: www.clubrunner.ca/Cooperstown
• Options for missed meetings include attending another Rotary Club's weekly meeting, participating in a Club communal activity, attend a Club Board or committee meeting, or participate in an online Rotary e-Club activity (a link is available on our Club website).
You can report makeups via email at email@example.com
• If you anticipate you will be unable to attend Club meetings, you can request a leave of absence in advance of the missed meetings. Leave of absence forms are available on our Club website
My Rotary Friends --
After a little research I have found that the Newtown (CT) Rotary Club has set up a fund to help the victims of Friday's shooting. If you are moved, here is the information for donations to their club's foundation.
Newtown Rotary Club and FoundationNewtown Rotary Foundation has made it easy to help with the establishment of the Newtown Rotary Sandy Hook School Fund.
It is dedicated to the victims of the Sandy Hook School tragedy, for both their short term and long term needs.
You can make your tax deductible contributions to this 501(c)(3) by visiting the Newtown Rotary Website and using their "Making a Donation” page. Specify the reason for your donation.
Or you can mail your donation to:Newtown Rotary Sandy Hook School FundPO Box 263Newtown, CT 06482
Support our foundations...let's get to 100%!
Our Club's 2012-2013 Challenge Grant Program
Members of the Rotary Club of Cooperstown support two foundations to benefit people in need: The Rotary Foundation (TRF) of Rotary International and our own Cooperstown Rotary Foundation (CRF).
We need YOUR help! It is true; the Cooperstown Rotary Club Directory is available for you to download. There is a little "catch" though.Well, maybe two.