Service Above Self
We meet Tuesdays at 7:10 AM
Summit County Community & Senior Center
83 Nancy's Place
PO Box 415
Frisco, Colorado 80443
Posted by Jim Brook on Mar 08, 2014
Here Comes a Very Full Week of Rotary!
Look for a special menu for our Tuesday breakfast to celebrate our Charitable Fund's Million Dollar milestone, as well as our fourth anniversary of meetings at the Community Senior Center with Gilchrist Catering. Our Club Board meets at noon Tuesday at the Holiday Inn, Frisco. Everyone is invited to our monthly Happy Hour on Wednesday, 5:00 to 6:30 pm at the Backcountry Brewery in Frisco. Thursday at 5:30 pm at the Holiday Inn we'll present Orientation for all new and prospective members of the Club, including those from breakfast and satellite meetings. This is one of our 'red badge' requirements, but more experienced members are welcome to participate and are sure to learn something new too. Most importantly, we want to see everyone at Summit High School before 7:00 pm on Saturday for our InterAct Club's big event - an entertaining basketball game between the Summit Superstars and the visiting Harlem Ambassadors. Get your tickets on Tuesday for only $10 and bring along your friends. If you still have an appetite for even more fun, get yourself up to Sandy and Lou's ranch with family and friends on Sunday afternoon from 2:00 to 5:00 pm for sledding, snowshoes, chili, and more!
Posted by Jim Brook on Mar 08, 2014
Last Week at Rotary, Tuesday Mar. 4
* Thanks to Steve Bainbridge for his Inspiration
* Our newest member Bob Gregory was inducted by Debra Irvine with assistance from sponsor John Minor.
* Pause for the Cause - Cambodia Water Wells, wine and cheese tasting fundraiser at Ophir Lodge, Frisco, Monday March 24, 5:00 to 7:30 pm. RSVP to "firstname.lastname@example.org" or donations by check made out to "Lantern Projects #184" mailed to "Little, PO Box 4083, Frisco, 80443".
* Ice Melt czar Diane Monaghan, assisted by Tom French and other committee members, gave some useful ideas on ticket sales. Get your second batch soon!
* The Club's applications for District wide awards have been completed, thanks to Rolo, Jeff, Joni, Mary Anne, Debra, Liz, and others.
* Inbound Youth Exchangee Rasmus Madsen from Denmark reported a very successful winter break week, including activities in Moab.
* Rob Irvine and Betty Naftz updated us on the enhanced "Rotary/Krystal93 Festival in the Park" and encouraged members to participate in committee lead roles.
* Lee Edwards did another fine job of filling as Sgt at Arms, and awarded the day's raffle prize to Marilyn Hogan.
* Program: Dr. Kip Duran told of his Peace Corps experiences in Botswana and the need for HIV programs there.
Posted by Michele Knight on Feb 02, 2014
The Satellite meetings are up and running, the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at the Holiday Inn in Frisco. Meetings are from 5:30 - 6:45, and we encourage you to get there a bit early to grab a bite to eat and a beverage from the bar on your way in!
Here's our schedule, all Rotarians are welcome and we hope that you'll invite your friends and colleagues to check us out as well! No advanced notice needed, please just join us any time you can! Any questions, please email Michele Knight, email@example.com
February 27th - Ann Clement, Community Service; New Member Inductions
March 13th - Sandy Mortensen, Orientation
March 27th – Jeff McElhatten, Marketing/Pro
April 10th – Gary Nicholds, Vocational Service
Posted by Ann Morrison Clement on Mar 06, 2014
Every second Wednesday of the month, Rotarians have been gathering for Happy Hour from 5:00 to 6:30. If you haven't checked it out, pencil it in and come by and socialize, on one or any of the following dates... SEE YOU THERE!
Our next Happy Hour will be:
March 12 Back Country Brewery- Frisco
April 9 Ruby Tuesday- Dillon
The Happy Hour Committee members are:
Judy Irwin, Julieanne Gilchrist, David Matthews, Aleda Kresge, Diane Monaghan and Ann Clement. Some of us will be at each of the Happy Hours to welcome everyone. If you would like to be on the Happy Hour Committee, please contact Judy Irwin and/or Julieanne Gilchrist.
Posted by Kathryn Davis on Mar 06, 2014
Posted by Debra Irvine on Sep 16, 2013
We want to thank all of those sponsors who are identifying community leaders/business professionals and bringing them to our meetings. Remember, a Prospective Member should attend 3 meetings before turning in their application, sponsor form, a short bio and $100 application fee to Debra Irvine. The application will then be presented to the Membership Committee for approval and then the Board of Directors. Once approved their name and bio will be posted in our bulletin for 3 weeks. If there are no questions about the Prospective Member the induction will be scheduled.
If you would like to be a Mentor to a new member please see Ann Clement. We encourage new members to interact with Prospective/New Members as much as possible. One of the Red Badge requirements is to be a Greeter 3 times. Because our club is growing and we are experiencing so many guests, greeters are so very important. You don't have to be a new member to be a greeter. It is just one more way of participating in Club Service.
Posted by Kathryn Davis on Nov 25, 2013
When you do business with a Corporate Partner, thank them for being a Rotary Sponsor!