Volunteers Needed for Bike Assembly Day
The 9th annual Buck$ 4 Bikes assembly day has been scheduled. We met our goal of purchasing 1,000 bikes for Christmas gifts to Oklahoma County’s neediest children. These bikes will be distributed by The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Area Command through their Angel Tree Program.
• NOTE THE NEW LOCATION: Vacant retail space formerly occupied by Montgomery Ward located on the east end of Plaza Mayor at
The Crossroads (intersection of I-35 & I-240).
Look for the Salvation Army sign at the lower level east exterior doorway. NO ACCESS THROUGH MALL ENTRANCE.
• Date: Saturday, November 29.
• Time: 9:00am
• No children under the age of 16
• Break area available with complimentary snacks and beverages
• Dress in comfortable shoes and clothing
• Bring your own set of assorted tools which should include the following:
Set of metric sockets
Set of metric allen wrenches (13, 14 & 15mm)
Set of metric wrenches
Flat blade and phillips screw drivers
Box knife or diagonal cutters
Bike Stand (if you have one)
There are many tasks on assembly day that do not include putting together bikes. i.e., keeping work area free of debris; inspecting cartons to ensure all pieces are removed; collapsing cardboard; placing cardboard on pallets; moving completed bikes to designated area; etc. So your members who are not the "mechanical" type can still volunteer.
Also, encourage your volunteers to wear S.OKC Rotary shirts and/or hats that day. Media is usually present and it is a great way to show your club is in attendance.