Meeting minutes for November 11, 2014
Attendees: Mark Tucker, Dave Sanford, Charley Miller, Tom Seymour, Vic Vieira, Deanna Truelsen, Mary Sparks, Doc Burnside, Rakhat Ashymov, Chris Trusler, Brandon Thurston, Dan Jones, Rick Carpenter, Scott Cooper, Rocky Moss, Laurel Rematore
Pledge of Allegiance: Laurel
Inspiration: Pastor Rick Carpenter
Question of the day: on this Veterans Day, share your military memory or connection.
· Thank you to everyone who helped with Commodities on Nov. 8
· Thank you to Denis Boon for agreeing to serve as our club’s Foundation Chair
· Nov. 18 bingo host is Dolores Chamber (Ponderosa providing dessert); beneficiary is our Holiday Lighting Fund. Cortez Journal reporter Jim Mimiaga will be contacting Laurel to do some media coverage on the lighting project.
· Pistol raffle: about half the tickets have already been sold for more than $3,000 in income. Keep it up! See Doc if you need more raffle tickets to sell.
· Dictionaries to Third Graders: Mancos dictionaries will be delivered today at 3:00 p.m.; Dave Sanford and Tom Seymour will deliver those. Dove Creek dictionaries will be delivered Nov. 12 at 10:15 a.m. by Dave and Vic Vieira. Rico dictionaries tbd.
· Reminder that the Veterans Outreach Center ribbon cutting is at 2:00 p.m. today at 7 W. First Street in Cortez; please attend if you can.
· Audit team will meet on Nov. 19 at 9:30 a.m.; Mary Sparks is leading that effort.
· Bylaws review: Dave and Rakhat have reviewed the bylaws separately and will share their assessments either in person or via e-mail with LouAnn and Laurel.
· Rakhat will take over administration of our club’s Facebook page; Mary will get the admin information from her son David, who originally set up the page.
· Rocky will pick up the wreath bows from the Dolores General Store and will deliver them to the storage shed with the wreaths.
· The Galloping Goose Historical Society has requested a meeting with our club to discuss insurance and liability issues that our club might be able to help address. That meeting will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 18 at 7:00 a.m. (not 6:30 a.m.!) at The Ponderosa. Laurel, Ed, Ruby, Dan, Dave, and Rocky have committed to attending that meeting so far; all club members are welcome and encouraged to come.
· Guest speaker Pastor Rick Carpenter gave a slide presentation on his 16-day trip to Israel.
Meeting adjourned by Laurel.