Members Present: Ed Merritt Jr., Allan Burnside, LouAnn Jacobson, Melinda Green, Mark Tucker, Dan Jones, Tom Seymour, Jim Phillips, Rachel Sparks, Laurel Rematore, Ruby Gonzalez, Charley Miller, Dave Sanford, Rick Carpenter, Brandon Thurston, Dana Hill, Deanna Truelsen, Will Furse, and Larry Archibeque.
Pledge: Tom Seymour
Prayer: Rick Carpenter
1) Question of the day for a dollar was to identify a saying.
2) Congratulations to Ruby Gonzalez for being selected Citizen of the Year by the Dolores Chamber.
3) Dan Jones reported that three hundred forty four dollars were deposited from our dollar donation jar.
4) Mancos High School was awarded three hundred and thirty dollars for their upcoming Costa Rica trip.
5) It was identified that the March Bingo recipient would be Dolores High School's Operation Graduation.
6) A reminder that there is a commodity give away this Saturday at the Dolores Fire Station.
7) Laurel Rematore gave a PETS update of which she and Chris Trusler attended.
8) A discussion was held on this year's Escalante Bike Race. Laurel Rematore would like to handle the t-shirt orders this year. Also discussed was online registration, sponsorships, and possible entry fee adjustments.
9) Will Furse and Tom Seymour made a presentation on the potential creation and implementation of a youth service activity program as a part of the Restorative Justice Program. More information will be compiled and explored further at future meetings.
10) Allan Burnside requested that the following information to be provided for anyone willing to become a games manager. The next games manager training will take place April 19, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
in Grand Junction. Location of the meeting is VFW Post 1247 1404 Ute Avenue. One can call 303-894-2200 extension 6416 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. One needs to bring to the class if attending the Laws and Rules Handbook (pdf) Cost of the certification is twenty dollars payable to Colorado Secretary of State. no cash please.
11) Meeting adjourned by Tom Seymour.