Every year Rotary clubs around the world submit applications to receive grants from their Rotary District for projects that will benefit their community. OKC Midtown Rotary has been generously awarded three grants from Rotary International District 5750 for 2013: 1. Purchasing playground equipment for Heronville Elementary School
The school currently only has equipment to accommodate less than half of their students. Our project will give them one additional large piece of playground equipment. The project will also benefit the surrounding community who use the playground during evenings and weekends.
Total Project Cost: $4000
2. Purchasing band instruments for Sante Fe South Middle School
Santa Fe South has been in dire need of musical instruments for years. Our project will allow us to purchase One Bass Drum, One Xylophone, One Snare Drum, and 6 Trombones for the school’s music program. This project will directly impact more than 100 students over the course of the life of these instruments.
Total Project Cost: $3000
3. Purchasing sewing and embroidery equipment for US Grant High School
The addition of software licensing, software upgrades, sewing machine supplies and a new serger machine is expected to serve more than 100 students. This project enables students to further develop their creativity and also learn a marketable skill.
Total Project Cost: $3700
The total cost of all three projects is $10,700. Rotary International and District 5750 funds cover 70% of each grant, leaving OKC Midtown Rotary to fund the remaining 30%.
Please help us reach our funding goal of $3,500 to complete these community projects for 2013.
There are two ways to donate:
1. Deliver your cash or check donation to any OKC Midtown Rotarian
2. Give online at https://www.youcaring.com/midtownrotary