The Rotary Club of Forest Grove lives the Rotary Club motto of "Service Above Self" by supporting numerous community projects and organizations. Here is sample of how our club serves both the local and world communities.
CIVIC SERVICE & BEAUTIFICATION
• McDougall Garden:
Known as the home of the big U.S. Flag, the McDougall Garden is located at the eastern entrance of Forest Grove where Pacific Ave. and 19th Ave. meet near Maple St. Rotarians annually plant flowers to give visitors to our city a friendly welcome.
• Adopt A Road:
The club has adopted sections of Thatcher Rd. and Gales Creek Rd. through Washington County's "Adopt A Road" program. Club members perform regularly scheduled roadside clean-ups to help keep our community beautiful.
• Concours D'Elegance:
While serving as a fundraiser for our Scholastic Scholarship Program, the Forest Grove Concours D'Elegance also serves as a major community event. The show, held annually on the third Sunday in July, brings over 300 classic car owners and thousands of car enthusiasts to Forest Grove, contributing to the bottom line of our community's economy.
• Boy Scouts:
The Rotary Club of Forest Grove is the sponsoring group of Boy Scout Troop 213.
• Scholarship Program:
Since 1957, the Rotary Club of Forest Grove has conducted a scholarship program for youth from the Forest Grove, Cornelius, Banks and Gaston communities. Scholarships are awarded annually to deserving young men and women at Forest Grove, Banks and Gaston high schools. Additionally, the club awards scholarships to students from those communities who attend Pacific University.
• Student of the Month:
The Rotary Club of Forest Grove, in partnership with our local school districts, selects Students of the Month from the junior high and high schools in Forest Grove, Banks and Gaston. Students are chosen based on scholastic achievement and service to their school and community. Selected students are recognized at a club meeting with a certificate and a gift card.
• Youth Funding:
Over the years, the Rotary Club of Forest Grove has provided funding to these and many more local youth programs: Forest Grove Little Guy Football, FC West Soccer, Adelante Chicas, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Forest Grove Swim Club, Forest Grove Boys & Girls Club, I Have A Dream, Gaston HS Dollars For Scholars.
COMMUNITY PUBLIC SPACES
Over the years, the Rotary Club of Forest Grove had contributed both money and service hours to the following projects to develop public areas in our community...
• Trombley Square at Pacific University
• The Faith Gabelnick Labyrinth at Pacific University
• The Lincoln Park Centennial Park Shelter
• The Barbeque Structure at Rogers Park
• Playground Equipment at Joseph Gale Elementary
SERVICE TO ROTARY & THE WORLD
In addition to our work with the local community, the Rotary Club of Forest Grove does its part to fulfill the Object of Rotary through participation in Rotary International's district, national and worldwide service programs.
• End Polio Now/PolioPlus:
We have helped raise funds for Rotary's international goal to eradicate polio from the surface of the Earth
. We are "this close" to reaching our goal.
• Rotary Youth Exchange:
The Rotary Club of Forest Grove is an active member of the Rotary Youth Exchange program
, providing high school age students the opportunity to study in another country. The club has annually sent students to other countries and hosted youth for over 50 years. Learn More About Our District's Youth Exchange Program
• Rotary Youth Leadership Awards:
Known as RYLA, this annual week-long program is for young leaders between ages 19-28. The program helps teach leadership skills, the value of service and the values that build strong leaders and future Rotarians. Learn More About Our District's RYLA Program
Other projects that the Rotary Club of Forest Grove has supported over the years includes the following organizations...
• Babe Ruth Baseball
• Little League Baseball
• Forest Grove/Cornelius Youth Baseball
• Forest Grove Little Guy Football
• Forest Grove Swim Club
• Forest Grove Co-Curricular Council
• Timberbeasts Shooting Club
• Forest Grove Bowling Team
• Forest Grove Classic Soccer
• Forest Grove Classic Basketball
• Forest Grove Ohana Volleyball
• Forest Grove HS Football Camp
• Forest Grove American Legion Baseball
• Viking Booster Club
• Forest Grove HS Water Polo, Ski Race & Snowboard Teams
• Forest Grove Boys and Girls Club
• Adaptive Physical Education
• American Wilderness
• Forest Grove Senior & Community Center
• Family Care of West Tuality (Kid's Domain)
• Adventures Without Limits
• Special Olympics of Oregon
• Special Olympics of Washington County
• I Have A Dream Foundation
• Dilley Elementary Field Project
• Gaston HS "Dollars For Scholars"
• Forest Grove HS Band
• Joseph Gale Elementary Science Fair
• Start Making a Reader Today (SMART)
• Tom McCall Upper Elementary Origami Club
• Forest Grove HS Leadership Club
• Ballet Folklorico
• Cascade Pacific Council, Boy Scouts of America
• Girl Scouts of America
• Boy Scout Troop 213
• Neil Armstrong Middle School (South Korea Exchange & Costa Rica Trip)
• Tualatin Valley School of Music
• Straight Ahead Shelter
• Hope Haven
• Theater In The Grove
• Victims Impact Panel
• Forest Grove HS Grad Night
• Banks HS Grad Night
• Washington County Historical Society
• Ryan Heesacker Wheelchair Project
• Waverly Children's Home
• Northwest Medical Teams
• Pacific University Children's Fair
• Vernonia Flood Relief