Cupertino Rotary Endowment Foundation (CREF)
The Endowment was conceived in 1991 as a means to allow Rotary to
continue to be a valuable contributor to local needs in case there was
some disruption to more traditional fund raising efforts.
Endowment provides an avenue unto which local philanthropy can be
encouraged and channeled. It is a separate entity from both the Rotary
Club of Cupertino and Rotary International. Its 501(C)(3) status
affords individuals, families, trusts, foundations and corporations the
ability to contribute to charitable causes and realize tax benefits
from such contributions.
Every member of the Rotary Club of Cupertino is automatically a member of the Endowment.
Goals of the Program
- Provide a growing pool of prudently managed investment funds for the sole purpose of charitable giving
a vehicle to make tax-deductible donations of assets with the knowledge
that donations benefit charitable causes
- Provide a growing source of financial support
- Provide a legacy for future generations
The Endowment obtains its funds through the following sources:
- Personal contributions
- Bequests (Planned Giving)
- Contributions from the Rotary Club
Ten Reasons to Give
- The Endowment Fund will provide community benefit forever.
- Community Impact
- The Endowment fund lets you create your personal legacy and invest in the causes and projects you care about most.
- Cost Effectiveness
- The Endowment Fund can pool gifts to multiply impact.
- Tax Benefit
- Gifts can qualify for maximum deductibility for tax purposes.
- Designated or Undesignated
- You can designate your gift to benefit a specific project or choose to support all Endowment Fund programs.
accepts a variety of assets as gifts including cash, securities, or
planned gifts. Gifts can be made outright or pledged over time.
- Responsible Stewardship
- CREF board members are community leaders with extensive and varied expertise and demonstrated commitment to Rotary.
- Professional Management
- The Endowment Fund is managed professionally with active CREF board oversight.
- Experienced Partners
- The CREF Board partners with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- Public Accountability
- An independent professional audit is completed annually. A complete copy is available upon request.
to the Endowment Fund are recognized through the Gazebo Award with
varying presentations according to the level of giving. Endowment
Fellow levels are: Platinum - $25,000; Diamond - $10,000; Ruby -
$5,000; Jade - $2,500; and Sapphire - $1,000.
About the Directors
Board of Directors consists of three Designated Directors and eight
Elected Directors serving staggering 2-year terms. The Board of
Directors administers the Endowment and distributes the earnings.
Monthly meetings are open to all club members and are held the 2nd
Wednesday of each month at 1:45 pm, after the regular Rotary meeting.
The annual meeting is held the 4th Wednesday of July to elect new
directors and present an annual report.