Jody Lawlor, chair
We help shape our future through youth
Activities in this portfolio serve youth in ways that allow them to
develop leadership skills, offer service to others and enjoy social
Included in this year's program are....
The club participates in two District 5330 leadership camps for youngsters.
- Interact -- The club sponsors active Interact clubs
at Murrieta middle and high schools.
Interact is Rotary's service club for those ages 12 to 18. Club members
run their own programs and are encouraged to do at least two service
projects each year, one with an international flavor. This offers them
leadership experience and opportunities for service.
- Interact Gathering -- Because the RYLA (see below) camp is so popular and is limited to a handful of local kids, the club is planning a new activity -- a RYLA-like weekend gathering only for those involved in Interact programs in Murrieta.
- Student of the Month -- The club is one of the sponsors of this program that recognizes each month outstanding achievement and leadership by Murrieta high schools.
- Scholarships -- Murrieta Rotary traditionally is a major provider of college scholarships to local graduating high school seniors.
This is Rotary's
leadership training program for
young people. RYLA emphasizes leadership, citizenship and personal
through an intensive training
program done at a weekend camp each spring. The club identifies six to
eight high school juniors who have already demonstrated leadership
abilities to send to the camp. The camp attracts more than 300 of the best and brightest.
- RYLA -- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards
This is an annual spring event organized by Rotary District 5330 to
which Murrieta sends eight to 10 seventh graders for a weekend
interacting with approximately 180 other 12-year-olds in activities
developing self-leadership skills as they grow to lead others.
- PRYDE -- Personal Rotary Youth Development