Rotary Club of Strongsville
The Rotary Club of Strongsville
Celebrating our 30th year of community service
Guests and speakers at our Friday morning meetings are always amazed about how much fun a group of people can have at 7:00 in the morning. As Rotarians from other clubs will attest, the Strongsville club is a little..."different." While focusing on service to others, we simply have a great time.
Chartered with six members on April 4, 1978, the Rotary Club of Strongsville has become the largest Rotary club in Northeast Ohio, with more than 150 members. Along with a variety of ongoing service activities, the club and its affiliated Strongsville Rotary Foundation has spearheaded or participated in major community projects like:
* The construction of Safety Town;
* The construction of the Backyard Preserve Amphitheater;
* The replacement of "welcome" signs at the city's entrances.
In addition to our signature charity event, the annual Chili Open Golf Classic, we:
* Host a free annual holiday luncheon and a summer picnic and concert for seniors;
* Provide assistance to needy families during holidays;
* Contribute regularly to the Strongsville Food Bank;
* Conduct an annual clothing drive;
* Raise money for myriad local and international causes as the need arises;
* Volunteer at Strongsville's annual Homecoming;
* Ring the bell for the Salvation Army's Christmas drive;
* Help to maintain and clean up the city's Historical Village and Camp Cheerful;
* Provide college scholarships to local students;
* Sponsor youth sports
With a special focus on the leaders of the future, the Rotary Club of Strongsville sponsors the Strongsville High School Interact Club and invites groups of high school students to present at our weekly meetings. We also sponsor a foreign exchange student every year.
On the International level, we are a sister club to the Rotary Club of Clark Centennial, Angeles City, the Philippines, and we support programs like Polio Plus and other relief efforts.
We have on ongoing calendar of social events, including:
* An annual Rotary golf outing;
* An annual clambake;
* An annual banquet
* The Rotary District 6630 softball tournament, which we have won 13 of the last 14 years.