ROTARY CLUB OF WEST SPRINGFIELD
Attendance: Meeting the minimum attendance requirements is your responsibility as a Rotarian.
Benefits of Attendance:
- Fosters fellowship among Club Members
- Provides opportunities to meet new people and re-connect with long time friends
- Keeps you current on Club, District and Rotary International news and events.
Attendance Requirements: As explained in the Standard Rotary Club Constitution, each member needs to meet the following requirements:
- Attend or make up at 50% of your Rotary Club meetings in each half of the year (July thru December and January thru June).
- Attend at least 30% of your Club's meetings in each half of the year, as noted above.
- A member may not miss or fail to make up four (4) consecutive meetings.
Attendance for a Meeting: You should be present for at least 60% of a Club meeting for it to count towards the attendance requirement. For example, you would need to be present for at least 36 minutes of a 60 minute meeting.
Attendance at your Club: You should attend at least 30% of your own Club's meetings in each half of the year, as noted above. For example, if your Club holds 26 regular weekly meetings in six (6) months, you must attend at least 8 meetings.
Make-Ups: There are many ways that you can still receive attendance credit if you cannot attend your Club meeting. All make ups must be completed 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks following a missed meeting. It is your responsibility to notify George Condon if you make up a meeting. George's-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a meeting of another Club (see list below for local club meeting information or visit www.rotary.org for a complete list of all clubs). Note: Be sure to ask the Club secretary of the visited Club to sign a card or note as proof of your attendance. This should be given to Rick Martin.
- Attend a meeting of a Rotaract or Interact club, Rotary Community Corps or Rotary Fellowship.
- Attend certain district or RI meetings.
- Participate in Club sponsored event or service project.
- Attend a Club board or service committee meeting with authorization of the Club board.
- Participate in an E-Club meeting, for at least 30 minutes (see below for the link to the E-Club).
Absences will be excused if:
- The absence is approved by your Club's board.
- The sum of the member's years of membership and age equals 85 or more.
- If you are an Honorary Member.
Terminations: Failure to meet the attendance requirements may result in termination of membership if the member fails to:
- Attend or make-up at least 50% of the Club meetings in each half of the year.
- Attend 30% of their own Club's regular meetings in each half of the year.
- Attend or make up four (4) consecutive meetings.
Local Club Information
STORROWTOWN TAVERN & CARRIAGE HOUSE
1305 MEMORIAL AVENUE
WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA
TWIN HILLS COUNTRY CLUB
700 WOLF SWAMP ROAD, LONGMEADOW, MA
HU KE LAU RESTARUANT
MEMORIAL DRIVE, CHICOPEE, MA
THE DELANEY HOUSE
1 COUNTRY CLUB LANE, HOLYOKE, MA
561 COLLEGE WHWY, SOUTHWICK, MA
BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME (MASS MUTUAL ROOM)
1150 WEST COLUMBUS AVENUE, SPRINGFIELD, MA
SCHOOL STREET BISTRO
29 SCHOOL STREET, WESTFIELD, MA
COUNTRY CLUB OF WILBRAHAM
STONY HILL ROAD, WILBRAHAM, MA