by Talbot, G. Stowe
Flag Salute & Invocation by Anna Williams (birthday last Saturday! I think I heard 17(?) years young?)
Visiting Rotarians: Julie Johansen (What. North)
Guests: Jill Reid (Boys & Girls Club), Sarah's daughter Dawson, Eric Derling (?), Gloria and Haimes, Dennis Rahm(?) and a couple others, Kerry Gustafson and her parter, Randy Klemann from Graphics NW.
- Officers' / Directors' meeting after lunch.
- June 11 will be our GOLF FELLOWSHIP event at Lake Padden! Lunch will be there, then golf for willing golfers.
- Dean Fulton said we are seeking corporate sponsorship of Brewers and G&G.
Bucks in the Bay
- Bill Gorman said lots of celebration for May: 18th wedding anniversary, his birthday soon, son's birthday soon, parents' anniversary, Bill gives $100 (also just became interim direct Chamber of Commerce);
- Bob Moles and Julie had amazing trip to New Zealand, hosted by Rotarians there;
- Mike Kirkland proud of granddaughter's soccer skills;
- Steve Brummel says July 28 will be Brewers, want to have 2,000 participants, we will need LOTS of volunteers!
- Kendall Pickerill says Bellwether received award, please buy raffle tickets next week at Rotary, fiancé Dan sailed up from Oregon;
- Terry Myers said last week was National Nurses Week, this week is Nursing Home Week!
- Doug Wight announcement August 22&23 will be Hospice Pro-Am Golf Fundraiser and tourney, thanks to Sarah R for sponsorship of pros, also thanks to Kendall and the Bellwether Hotel for sponsorship events, also thanks Barry K and Mel for use of Padden GC;
- Terry Brown proud Cougar bucks welcoming Bob Robertson to speak;
- Barry back from few nice weeks in Arizona;
- Mimi Ferlin for wonderful Mothers' Day, with all kids and grandkids;
- Stan Dyer $108!
Sergeant at Arms by Glendine Barley
Fines for Doug Wight, no breakfast in bed for moms, trivia about WA State: record daily rain 14.5 inches, state bird willow goldfinch, state fish steelhead trout, state dance square dance, state marine mammal orca whale, 4 longest floating bridges.
Dick Stark introduced Bob Robertson, "Voice of the Cougars", broadcaster for WSU, UW and high schools (still). He is from Point Roberts, attended Blaine HS.
Stories from his past, played some football in high school, short stint in college, some semi-pro in Canada, how he got into broadcasting.
He was hired to announce WSU football games, now has 520 games announced in his career!
Announced soccer games for a number of years for the Sounders. Both TV and radio, sometimes on the same day!
"Recreating baseball": Announcing in such a way that you think you are there.
Now lives in University Place since the 1950's, near Chambers Bay Golf Club.
What does Bob think about the new coach Leach at WSU? He is a very reserved guy, hard to get to know, but a genius about football.
Favorite game to announce? A WSU football game last fall when they came from behind to win was fun to announce for, or the two WSU Rose Bowl games, despite losses, Apples Cups are fun.
Favorite coach? They were all interesting coaches, but all different from one another.
Favorite or best player? Mark Rippen was a standout, but there were many great players.
Raffle won by Barry!