|D5890 Selected for Future Vision
|Editor: Howe PDG, Susan C.
|Posted on Jun 10 2009
|On May 28, our district leaders received notification that it had been selected to participate in Rotary Int'ls Future Vision project. RI's Phil Shiver offered congratulations to the Rotary districts in the future Zones 21b27 who were selected to participate in the Future Vision Pilot for the next three years. The four districts are--
5440, Wyoming and Northern Colorado
5670, Northwest Kansas
5890, Texas (Greater Houston)
|Foundation & Future Vision Chair, PDG Suzi Howe, expressed satisfaction for D5890's selection stating, "Houston has always been a leader and we are thrilled to be a part of the Future Vision project. Now we can be on the leading edge in the further development of this project in the future."
Only 100 districts, from the 277 which applied, were selected. The selection of districts was made by RI staff and the Trustee
chairman according to preset criteria. Neither the Trustees nor the
Directors were involved in the selection process.
The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
The Foundation's new mission, along with its new motto – Doing Good in the World – were approved by the Foundation Trustees and the RI Board and endorsed by the Council on Legislation.
The Future Vision Plan is designed to
* Simplify Foundation programs and processes consistent with the mission
* Focus Rotarian service efforts where they will have the greatest impact by addressing priority world needs that are relevant to Rotarians
* Offer program options to help achieve both global and local goals
* Increase the sense of ownership at the district and club levels by transferring more decisions to the districts
* Gain greater understanding of The Rotary Foundation's work and enhance Rotary's public image