Midsummer Eve Wine Festival
August 17, 2013 ~ 4:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Hyatt Westlake Plaza
Go to Event Page for more info
CLUB PRESIDENT SUSAN MURATA
With over 140 committed, passionate members who share a dedication to the ideal of “Service Above Self”, The Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks has been serving the needs of the community and around the globe since 1958. It is an honor to serve as President of this incredible organization for the 2012-2013 Rotary year.
Becoming a Rotarian is one of the most treasured, proudest and yet humbling moments of my life. Knowing that I am part of over 1,200,000 Rotarians around the world volunteering to support education and job training, provide clean water, combat hunger, improve health and sanitation and most impressively to eradicate Polio is awe-inspiring. As a Rotarian you are part of an organization that can and does change the world.
The strong fellowship among the Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks members and Rotarians around the world is remarkable. Our weekly meetings are meaningful, inspirational and, most of all, FUN. The projects and events our club maintains are diverse and many. There is something for everyone.
This year’s theme from Rotary International President Sakuji Tanaka is “Peace through Service”. What a profound and meaningful statement. He doesn’t just mean freedom from war, but peace of mind knowing there is a roof over your head, and food on the table, and clean water, and education for everyone. Through ‘Service’ Rotarians can and will provide these most basic and yet most precious needs to everyone around the world.
The Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks theme for 2012-2013 is “Having Fun While Celebrating Our Traditions”. We will continue to honor the strong and unwavering traditions that are the life blood of every Rotarian. We are an organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian services and encourages high ethical standards in all vocationsand we know how to have FUN while doing it.
We welcome you to contact us and attend one of our meetings so you can see and learn first-hand what Rotary is all about. I will look forward to hearing from you.
Here’s to an exhilarating and successful year of Fun, Fellowship and Service!
| || |
|Rotarians receive recognition for community service from the City of Thousand Oaks.||Rotarians rehab the pavilions at Conejo Creek Park and save CRPD thousands.|
Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks
Our members support projects in health care, clean water,
disease control, education, youth and senior issues,
and ethics in our community and around the world
- Fund-raising and direct support local charitable organizations including: Ventura County Special Olympics, Westminster Free Clinic, Conejo Free Clinic, Hospice of the Conejo , Senior Concerns, Manna - Conejo Valley Food Bank, and many others
- Provide scholastic supplies and backpacks to local homeless children
- Sponsor 4-H annually at the Ventura County Fair
- Raise funds for mammagrams for the needy in our community
- Annual citizenship awards within our local elementary and middle schools
- International projects providing clean water, health care, and education
- Annual ethics essay contest in our local high schools
- Support of local Rotary youth clubs for local students and young professionals
- One of the largest contributors of blood locally through periodic Blood Drives
- Support immunizations for employees who cannot afford them
- Provide bags of personal items for new Children's Services dependents
- Bring Christmas gifts to childern in foster care
- Support prestigious Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships for local students
- Participates in career shadowing days at local high schools
- Senior citizen outreach program during the holidays
- Annual RYLA four-county youth leadership conference in Ojai
- And much, much more...
...as well as making good friends, and having fun