ROTARY CLUB OF BOCA RATON
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3rd, 2014
The meeting was called to order by Club President Mike Gora
Rick Zimmer gave the Invocation and lead the Pledge to Allegiance
The beautiful harmony of Kan Samu, Jim Gavrilos and Mike Gora singing ""God Bless America"
Chuck Marchitello Sep 04
Niel Saffer Sep 09
Jeremy Pound Sep 27
Joe Kippers Wife Kathy Sep 14
The beauty of our weekly luncheons!
Happy Dollars and Rotary Moments
Boca Raton Forum September 3rd, 2014 article featuring Mike Gora
- Neil Saffer is happy that the Family Picnic last Sunday was a great success ending with Lucien hand tossing home made pizza at Doug G's home.
- Bob Buruchain shared that since 2004 the PBS show "Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds" 285 epsodes has aired 1000 times! He is thankful to Bill Riddik who has helped his Son by offering the opportunity to head up the Public Relations for Bill's Flavana e-cigarette business.
- Spencer Siegel and his family enjoyed the picnic and welcomed back Roxanna Trinka, a previous member of the Club.
- Ken Davis gave a generous Birthday check and was delighted by Roxanna Trinka singing to him with her rendition of the birthday song previously sang to President Kennedy by Marilyn Monroe.
- David Parker is looking for volunteers for the OPAL Meet and Greet - please help with this most important reception.
- Roxanna Trinka is happy to be back amongst her Rotary friends after a long absence.
- Gary Hildebrand earned his Martial Arts brown belt IN THE MAIL...
- Doug Mummaw thanked Yaacov Heller for the birthday cake with the photo of the Elite Force Mixed Martial Arts team.
- Peter Baronoff thanked Roxanna Trinka for talking him into running for public office years ago. He is excited that the Night to Remember Italian Feast is sold out! It has grown from 40 guests last year to 100 guests this year. Countless bottles of wine, exquisite home cooked cuisine and live music by "Breeze" is sure to be an amazing event. Tickets still available for the after partyat 8:00pm for $50.00 each at the door.
- David Parker is helping us with Facebook and gave some stats; if it were a country, it would be the fourth largest in the world! Some folks spend upwards of four hours a day on the site. Please take a minute and check out The Rotary Club of Boca Raton and "Like" the site. Photos and comments are always welcomed.
One of our own! Good luck David
Guest Speaker Marc Hurwitz
Ribbon Cutting at M.E.A.T. Eatery & Taproom at Cendyn Spaces
980 N. Federal Highway Boca Raton 561-419-2147
Located at the back of the new Cendyn Spaces office building off Federal Highway just south of Glades Road, it seems a conspicuous location for the ultra-modern pub. However, it's part of the plan to create a concept that franchise owners can place in office buildings, mall courts or airports, while a final concept would allow for a more upscale, full-service approach.
The restaurant itself is small, just 1500-square-feet decked out in black and red with brick and brushed metal decor. Despite its size, the space can pack in up to 30 at a bar that features 12 rotating taps of craft brew, and a second lunch counter that can accommodate another 20 patrons. The building's interior courtyard expands the service, making way for several additional tables and booth seating for more traditional, sit-down service.
The following are photographs taken at the Cendyn Spaces building during the ribbon cutting for M.E.A.T. The incredible eye appealing and functional design is the brainchild of Doug Mummaw & Associates and the interior design completed by his wife Diana. Robin Deyo is the happy President of Cendyn.
Very fun inflatable swivel chairs!
State of the art work stations
How is this for a break room?
Style and function unite
Better than the Jetson's
Rotarians Henry Ferguson and Gary Hildebrand sharing a happy momment
Rotarian Frank and Laura Frione
Rotarians doing what they do best - having fun and enjoying comradery
Rotarian Annette Reizburg
Top of very cool conference room table covers a functioning pool table!
Clear pool ball
Armagan and Gail Gurbuz with Mike Gora
Douglas Heizer (Boca Tribune) Robert Weinroth Rotarian and City of Boca Raton Councilman and Troy McLellan, Chamber of Commerce President
Yaacov and Sue Heller, Bonnie Hildebrand, Bonnie Gora and Claudia DuBois
Rotarians Lucien Campolo and David Silvers
Cool conversation/work space in the lobby
Functional, comfortable and movable lobby seating with easy access electrical outlets
Sleek, modern and beautiful as the moon rises in the sky through the skylight
Opportunities to Serve AND HAVE FUN!
Upcoming RCBR Walk/Run Club Event
Contact Info for Danielle Naglieri - Events Manager
3681 NW 59 Place Coconut Creek,FL 33073
954-420-5030 ext 115
IT'S STILL SUMMER TIME...
CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSETS AND DRESSER DRAWERS FOR THE SEPTEMBER 27th CLOTHING DRIVE
David Jackson won the draw for the 50/50 Chance but did not pick the King of Clubs card - the $400.00 kitty lives on for another week.
- September 12, 2014 A Night to Remember Italian Feast
- September 17, 2014 Bob Buruchian - Craft Talk/Blood Drive
- September 22, 2014 OPAL Meet and Greet
- September 24, 2014 Tali Raphaely
- For more information, please visit our website at www.rotaryclubbocaraton.com Ww