Second Annual PALI TRI will be held on Sunday, October 21, 2012, 8:00 am at Palisades Charter High School 1577, Bowdoin St., Pacific Palisades, CA 90272.
Official 2012 Race Results
Everyone gets a T-shirt and a medal.
This is a Halloween-themed event so you are welcome to come in face paint, body paint, or costume that is safe to race in.
Promo video for PALI TRI
Four Big Events
- 5K Run: Same course as the Triathlon
Triathlon (Reverse Sprint Triathlon)
- 5 K run: Start on the track. One counterclockwise lap around the neighborhood course.
- 10 K bike: Three laps around the neighborhood course.
- 160 meter swim: seven lengths of the new pool.
- Team Triathlon: Build your own team. Pass the ankle strip with the timing chip
- Kids Fun Run: Starts at 9:30am.
Awards: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals (with blue, red, and white ribbons, respectively)
- for the 5K Run (male and female) in the following age categories, and
- for the Triathlon (individual racers, male and female) in the following age categories, and
- For the Team Triathlon (for first three teams, no sex or age categories)
Age categories for 5K Run and individual Triathlon: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
All others receive a participant's medal with ribbon (including those in the Kids Fun Run).
All entrants receive a PALI TRI T-shirt.
Course: The Triathlon route circles the track, goes around the school, then loops around the flat neighborhood
as far as Asilomar bluffs overlooking Santa Monica Bay. One loop for 5K run; Triathlon is one loop for Run, 3 loops for bike. Tri athletes finish with a swim in the Pali High Pool.
Course Maps: See links in the left Column.
START AT 8:00AM. Last finisher expected about 10am. Allow time for parking on Temescal Canyon Road and Sunset Blvd.
Limited parking is available in the student parking lot accessed off El Medio south of Sunset.
Kids fun run starts at 9:30.
- 5K Run: $35 early; $40 late (after October 17)
- Triathlon: $65 early; $80 late
- Team Triathlon: $90 per team early; $105 per team late
- Kids Fun Run: $15
Same Day Registration is on the Pali High campus before the race, cash or credit card.
Race Packet pickup:
- REI Santa Monica-Friday evening October 19, 4:00-8:00pm,
402 Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica.
- Triathlon Lab-Santa Monica. Saturday October 20, 10am-2:00pm. In store clinic time 11:00am- 12:00 noon.
3328 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica. (between 33rd and 34th Streets, west of Centinela Ave).
Volunteers are needed to help manage the race, Sunday, October 21 , 2012. See downloads in left column
- Pali High and Revere Student Scholarships
- Scouts--camps and camping scholarships
- Palisades-Malibu YMCA programs for youth and fitness
YAA Race Prep Video