EarlyAct is a school-wide service club for elementary students from ages 5 to 13 sponsored by Rotary Clubs and chartered by the district. The mission of EarlyAct is to promote goodwill, understanding, and peace through active participation of student members so that with committed citizenship and effective leadership they improve the quality of life for their school, local and global communities.
EarlyAct is based upon the Rotary 4 Way Test and further EarlyAct teaches…Caring, Respect, Empathy, Responsibility, Tolerance, Citizenship, Compassion, Friendship and Leadership. EarlyAct engages student members in character-building activities and prepares them for leadership roles to identify and carry out projects which benefit their school, local and global communities. Through its association with Rotary, EarlyActors gain increased awareness and knowledge of their community and the world and understanding of the dignity and worth of each individual which builds respect for others. EarlyAct provides the foundation and natural succession into Interact.
DISTRICT EARLY ACT CHAIR IS DARCEE GRIVEL: 210-367-5549 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a rapidly growing number of EarlyAct clubs active in Texas and District 5840:
- Leon Springs Elementary sponsored by the Rotary Club of San Antonio at the Dominion. As of August 2009, Faculty Advisor is Sami Gillette email@example.com (Rotarian Advisor: Brenda Bass)
- Locke Hill Elementary School sponsored by the Medical Center Rotary Club. Faculty Advisor: Mary Jane Dallahan MaryJane.Dallahan@nisd.net
- Aue Elementary School, San Antonio, Texas, sponsored by the Rotary Club of San Antonio at the Dominion. As of August 2009, (Rotarian Advisor: Darcee Grivel)
- The Winston School, San Antonio, Texas, sponsored by San Antonio North Central Rotary Club. As of August 2009, Faculty Advisor is Samantha Bos firstname.lastname@example.org (Rotarian Advisor: Mike Canales)
- James Bonham Academy: sponsored by San Antonio Mission Trail Rotary Club; as of February 2014; Faculty Advisor: Blanca Gebhart, BGEBHART@saisd.net (Rotarian Advisor: Richard Warren)
- Fair Oaks Ranch Elementary: sponsored by Fair Oaks Ranch Rotary Club; as of Faculty Advisor: Tavis McGeachin, Tavis.McGeachin@Boerne-isd.net (Rotarian Advisor: Tavis McGeachin)
EarlyAct affects values through knowledge of the 4 Way Test. Texas schools mandate a character education program in schools.
EarlyAct FirstKnight: an optional addition to EarlyAct
EarlyAct FirstKnight (EAFK) is a ground-breaking character and ethics education program for children in grades K through 8 that brings Rotary values into the classroom. Fulfilling Texas legislation (HB 946) for teaching character in Texas public schools, EAFK concentrates on building and reinforcing a positive, ethical and moral compass within children during their most formative years, while illustrating the joy of leadership through service.
For more details on this extra cost add-on, please click here or see EarlyAct FirstKnight under Related Pages to the left.